Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Canada's Next Car Idol

Now I figured, if you are gonna be reading embarrassing moments of my life, it would be best for you to have a bit more knowledge of who I am as a person. So every now and then I am going to add a post that is not a specific humbling moment, but to help you know me, so when you're walking down the street and you see me, right away you can be like "Hey, that's that young attractive girl who can put air in her tires! What is she trying to do over there by the gas pump???"

Now, I am a total car star!! When I get behind the wheel of a vehicle, I transform. From little town girl, to big stage city girl! I get that music on, and I sing my little heart out as if I am about to die and this is my last song! Maybe you have already seen me, rolling down the highway, right hand on the wheel, left hand making a fist used as my microphone (I don't know why, but I sound better with the hand mic)??? A number of years ago I would try and fight this urge in public. If I knew no one could see me, I was belting it out, then when I would come up to a car, I would stop and wait. But after a while I was sick of always having to keep a look out for when I might be busted. Plus, how could I really feel the music and get into the song if I had to be focused on who was going to see me. So, I did what any grown adult professional car singer would do. I made the conscious choice, to say who cares who sees... I am going for it! After that moment I instantly became better. No more fears that someone will see... no more worries that the person who is phoning in on the radio is reporting my car performance. I can just be me and enjoy my singing! In fact, now a days, I encourage people to look! No wait... I encourage people to skim through the radio stations until they find the words that match my lip movements, and sing a long with me!
Also, I am a professional car dancer! Now I know that right now some of you girls are getting all excited and high pitched saying " OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! SO AM I!!" but ladies, please, I am fo real!
This is something that no under skilled person should get behind the wheel in a car and do. First of all... you need to have taken at least three years of hip hop dance lessons, just like me. You need to have skilled the art of shakin' your booty no matter what your wearing, who is watching, or what song is playing... again, like me. Then, you need to slowly practice in the car. I highly recommend your first month, only car dancing in the passenger seat. Let your friends drive you around while you get a feel of how to shake your booty in the seat! Then after a month, you are aloud to practice in an empty parking lot. Now what you need to master is getting your whole body moving, but keeping your hands totally in control of the wheel. You will need to also think about what your doing with your face. Cause either your face is emotionless and watching traffic around you, or your face is so into it before you know it you're also into the backside of that truck in front of you! Learn how to make it appear on your face you are 100% into your dancing, but really you are very aware of the world around you....
Now I was born with a little bit of car gangster in me. It just comes natural. I think this is something that a lot of people pretend they have, but they don't. Don't fight it! If it ain't coming naturally, let it go... no point in getting killed out there trying to be like someone your not. Find something new, like whistling!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! SO AM I!! ha ha ha ha. Did you write off the Sunfire in your early stages of car dancing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you learned all your best car dancing moves from me! I Agree, not just anyone can perform at the level that we do!

    ReplyDelete